Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Eggs

Yellow - Yesterday was the most inspirational Easter service of my ministry and I had little to do with it. I knew what was coming and was still surprised. I had been to the rehearsals, sensed the potential, and felt the stirring of God...yet, what took place surpassed all of my positive predictions. What a treat!

Red - Nothing is more pleasing than when others step to the front and thrive. Pure joy. Anyone who has allowed pride to make themselves feel indispensable... just step back. I predict it will take about a week for you to realize there are others who will take your place. I'm hoping you won't consider it. You are needed. But know that in God's garden the fertile soil will produce fruit. You're not the soil, you are a flower. Bloom! (Say it like Boom!) Nothings sweeter!

Green - For years we have been asking "how can we incorporate more testimonies in our services?" Here is a thought: Just stick them in any place. Doesn't have to be a theme or a certain subject. Stop worrying if they are new or ancient. Long or short. Or any of the other countless obsessions we have over placement. Just stick them in. Why are you at church? To celebrate the grace of God, right? So celebrate. What testimony wouldn't fit? Nothings tastier than hearing of God's grace.

Pink - Ten testimonies were opened... how many were left unopened? The answer: the rest. Each one of us has a story. As I was listening to the wonderful tales of God's goodness from unsuspecting places, I was struck by how many more wonderful tales await opening. Just think! As I sat on the stage looking out over the crowd all I could see was a lawn filled with brightly colored eggs waiting to be cracked open. What a beautiful sight!

Purple - The colors are just extra. What counts is what's inside. The life, the joy, the truth, the hope, the healing, the provision, the strength, the salvation. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment